Daily GK Updates 1st October 2016, Today GK Questions Answers: Candidates are preparing for various governments competitive examinations and if they want to prepare their General Knowledge subject. They can get latest updates by checking our post. We have updated todayDaily GK Updates 1st October 2016, Current Affairs October 2016, and Today GK Questions Answers with covering all latest topics and trends i.e. national & international affairs, trades/economics, award, books, sports fields. Check our Daily G.K, Updates Data and review yourself by appearing in online mock tests available at www.wifistudy.com.
Daily GK Updates 1st October 2016, Current Affairs Oct 2016:
Pakistan postpones SAARC Summit:
Pakistan has officially postponed the 19th SAARC Summit to be held in November in Islamad. Pakistan’s decision to postpone the SAARC meet has come in the wake of five South Asian countries, including India, expressing their inability to participate in the summit.
- India, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Afghanistan and Sri Lanka had already pulled out of the SAARC summit indirectly blaming Pakistan for creating an environment which is not right for the successful holding of the meet.
Current GK September Month Capsule
US & Vietnam navies begin 7th annual NEA in Da Nang:
The US and Vietnamese navies have begun the 7th annual Naval Engagement Activity NEA, Vietnam 2016 at Tien Sa Port in Da Nang. The exercise will focus on non-combatant events and Code for Unplanned Encounters at Sea and search and rescue scenarios.
Indira Gandhi International achieved carbon neutral status:
The Delhi International Airport Limited announced that the Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA) has become the first airport in the Asia-Pacific region to achieve carbon neutral status.
- The announcement on the carbon neutral status was made by Airports Council International (ACI) during the Airport Carbon Accreditation certificate presentation ceremony held in Montreal, Canada
Google to set up data centre in India by 2017:
Google will set up its first India data centre in Mumbai by 2017, hoping to take on global incumbents such as Microsoft and Amazon, who have a presence in the country, and allow local customers to host their applications on the internet.
- Google controls a majority market share in India in search, email and on smartphones through is Android operating system.
Kotak Mahindra Bank acquires BSS Microfinance:
Kotak Mahindra Bank, the country’s fourth largest private sector lender, has acquired BSS Microfinance in an all-cash deal for Rs 139.2 crore. The bank said with this, it has entered the microfinance space that has been growing at a rapid pace.
- This acquisition will allow Kotak to tap the lower end of the customer base and will also help the bank in meeting the priority sector lending (PSL) targets, as BSS’ loans book qualifies for PSL.
Riyadh Mathew is new PTI Chairman:
Riyadh Mathew, Director of Malayala Manorama and Vivek Goenka, chairman and Managing director of Indian Express, were unanimously elected chairman and vice-chairman respectively of PTI.
Shakti Sinha to head Nehru Memorial Museum and Library:
Retired IAS officer Shakti Sinha was appointed as the Director of Nehru Memorial Museum and Library (NMML). His appointment was approved by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC).
- Sinha, who served in the Prime Minister’s Office during Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s tenure, was also Director in India Foundation, a think tank aligned to the RSS.
Costantini appointed as Indian TT team chief coach:
The Table Tennis Federation of India (TTFI) re-appointed Italian Massimo Costantini as the national team chief coach for a two-year period.
- “All the players know him well and have a very good understanding with him. His earlier service was satisfactory” said Dhanraj Choudhary, secretary general of TTFI. He will take charge on Ctober1. His tenure will be up to September 30, 2018.
Current G.K. Complete Year 2016 Capsule
India beat Bangladesh to lift U-18 Asia Cup hockey:
The Indian men’s hockey team lifted the 4th U-18 Asia Cup after defeating hosts Bangladesh 5-4 in a pulsating summit clash in Dhaka.
- The young Indians held their nerves in the dying moments of the nail-biting finale as they exacted revenge for a 4-5 loss to the hosts in the tournament opener. This is the second time that India has lifted the prestigious trophy after winning it in 2001.
Daily GK Updates 1st October 2016:
Thank you form visit our portal and connecting with us. Stay in touch with us to get more Daily GK Updates 1st October 2016, and further more Current Affairs October 2016, Today GK Questions Answers.