Daily GK Updates 2nd-3rd October 2016, Today GK Quiz: Examiners are preparing for various governments competitive examinations and if they want to prepare their General Knowledge subjects. They can get latest updates by checking our post. We have updated today Daily GK Updates 2nd-3rd October 2016, Current Affairs October 2016, and Today GK Questions Answers with covering all latest topics and trends i.e. national & international affairs, trades/economics, award, books, sports fields. Check our Daily G.K, Updates Data and review yourself by appearing in online mock tests available at www.wifistudy.com.
Daily GK Updates 2nd October 2016, Today GK Questions Answers
India home to Highest number of poors, Naijria second: World Bank:
A recent World Bank report said that in the 2013, the highest number of people living below poverty line were in India. It was said in a report titled ‘Poverty and share Prosperity’.
- The report says,’ India is a country where most number of people are living below the international standard of $1.90 per day. Number of people living below poverty line is calculated to be 22.4 Crore.
Abu Dhabi Crown prince to be 2017 Republic Day chief guest:
The crown prince of Abu Dhabi, Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan will be chief guest for the Republic Day celebrations in January.
- Mohammed bin Zayed said, “Our strong relations are deeply rooted in history; our strategic cooperation has increased, driven by our mutual aspirations to develop it.”
- The Republic Day chief guest in 2016 was French president Francois Hollande.
International day of Older Persons: 1st October:
Every year 1st October is observed as International day of Older Persons. The significance of Day is to raise awareness about issues affecting the elderly and to appreciate the contributions that older people make to society. This year, the theme is “Take a Stand Against Ageism.”
International Day for Non-violence: 2nd October:
The 8th International Day of Non-Violence was observed on 2nd October. The day that falls on October 2 has been declared unanimously by the General Assembly of the United Nations in 2007 in the memory of Mahatma Gandhi.
Arunachal CM flags off all-women Mt Gorichen expedition:
Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Pema Khandu flagged off an all-women Mt Gorichen expedition here.
- This will be the first all women team attempting to summit the second highest peak of the state, which is considered as a technical peak and only seasoned climbers can make it to the top (6,488 m).
- Anshu Jansempa, who climbed Mt Everest twice, will lead the team of ten members.
Government decides to raise EPFO investment in ETF:
The Government has decided to raise the Employees Provident Fund (EPF) investment in Exchange Traded Funds from present 5 per cent to 10 per cent.
- Announcing this Shri Bandaru Dattatreya, the Minister of State(IC) for Labour and Employment said that the decision has been taken considering the good returns in ETF investment.
Arundhati Bhattacharya Gets year-Long Extension as SBI Chief:
Govt has given one-year extension to SBI chief Arundhati Bhattacharya amid the lender’s consolidation with its associate banks.
- Earlier this year, the Cabinet gave its nod for merger of State bank of India (SBI), its associate lenders and Bharatiya Mahila Bank (BMB) that would make the state-owned lender a global-sized bank.
Somesh Sharma is INS President:
Somesh Sharma of Rashtradoot Saptahik was elected as president of the Indian Newspaper Society (INS) on Friday for 2016-17. He succeeds P V Chandran of Grehalakshmi of Mathrubhumi Group.
Rajeev Sharma takes over as Power finance CMD:
Rajeev Sharma has taken over as the Chairman and Managing Director of state-run Power Finance Corporation (PFC) with effect.
- Sharma succeeds M K Goel who retired on September 30, 2016 on attaining the age of superannuation. Prior to joining PFC, Sharma was the CMD of Rural Electrification Corporation (REC).
Gangtok conferred Cleanest Tourist Destination honour:
The Union Ministry of Tourism has conferred Gangtok, capital of Sikkim, the ‘Cleanest Tourist Destination’.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on September 30 handed over the award in New Delhi. The award was received by the Commissioner of Gangtok Municipal Corporation.
Daniel Ricciardo wins F1 Malaysian Grand Prix:
Daniel Ricciardo has claimed maiden Formula One Malaysian Grand Prix win.Max Verstappen and Nico Rosberg finished second and third respectively.
- Malaysian Grand Prix is a part of World Championship. It is being organised at Sepang Circuit since 1999.
“Murga” wins first prize at Swachh Bharat Short Film Festival:
Young filmmaker Katyayan Shivpuri, from Maharashtra, won the first prize at the Swachh Bharat Short Film Festival for his work “Murga”.
- Minister of Information and Broadcasting, M Venkaiah Naidu awarded Katyayan with a certificate and a cash prize of Rs 10 lakhs.
Current G.K. Complete Year 2016 Capsule
Gujarat world heritage site: Rani Ki Vav bags ‘Cleanest Iconic Place’ award:
Gujarat’s 900-year old World Heritage Site Rani ki Vav bag an award for the “Cleanest Iconic Place”. The monument was felicitated at the conference, inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Daily GK Updates 2nd-3rd October 2016, Current Affairs Oct 2016
Thank you form visit our portal and connecting with us. Stay in touch with us to get more Daily GK Updates 2nd-3rd October 2016, and further more Current Affairs October 2016, Today Current Affairs Questions Answers.