Daily GK Updates 4th October 2016, Current Affairs May 2016: Candidates are preparing for various governments competitive examinations and if they want to prepare their General Knowledge subject. They can get latest updates by checking our post. We have updated today Daily GK Updates 4th October 2016, Current Affairs October 2016, and Today GK Questions Answers with covering all latest topics and trends i.e. national & international affairs, trades/economics, award, books, sports fields.
Daily GK Updates 4th October 2016, Today GK Questions Answers
Jharkhand becomes first state to implement Direct Benefit Transfer in Kerosene:
Jharkhand on 1st October 2016 became India’s first state to implement direct Benefit Tranfer (DBT) in Kerosene.
- The scheme is being implemented in four identified districts of the State namely Chatra, Hazaribagh, Khunti and Jamtara. This initiative is aimed at rationalising subsidy and plugging the leakages.
Delhi Police Launches mobile app for senior citizens:
The Delhi Police has launched a mobile application ‘Delhi Police Senior Citizen’ for senior citizens to provide immediate assistance to them in distress. It will serve as an aid to the elderly in times of distress or in case of medical emergencies.
Current GK October Month 2016
Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis declares Nagpur first digital District of India:
Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis declared Nagpur as the first digital district of India. At a function in Mumbai, he said all 29,000 gram panchayats across Maharashtra would be digitally transformed by December 2018.
SBI opens branch in Yangon after 53 years:
State Bank of India (SBI), the country’s largest lender, expanded its overseas footprint by entering Myanmar, opening a branch Yangon after 53 years, the former capital and the largest city of that country.
- With the opening of this branch, SBI has extended (its) global presence to 37 countries through 198 offices .
Kersti Kaljulaid elected as first female President of Estonia:
Kersti Kaljulaid was elected as the President of Estonia by the parliament. With this, Kaljulaid will become Estonia’s first female president. Kaljulaid won vote 81-0, with 20 members absent or abstaining.
S Sivakumar appointed as full-time member of 21st Law Commission of India:
The Union Government has appointed S. Sivakumar as a full-time Member of the 21st Law Commission of India (LCI). He is the professor at the Indian Law Institute (ILI) in New Delhi.
- He hails from Kerala and has authored several books on law.
- Former Supreme Court (SC) judge Justice Balbir Singh Chauhan is Chairman of the commission.
- The first commission was constituted in 1955 and since then various commissions were reconstituted every three years.
R Ravindra concurrently accredited Ambassador to Guinea:
- Ravindra (IFS: 1999) has been concurrently accredited as the Ambassador of India to the Republic of Guinea, with residence in Abidjan (Cote d’Ivoire).
- Presently he is serving as Ambassador of India to the Republic of Cote d’Ivoire. He will now serve as the ambassador for the both countries.
Japan’s Ohsumi wins Nobel Prize in Medicine:
Yoshinori Ohsumi of Japan won the Nobel Medicine Prize for his work on autophagy — a process whereby cells “eat themselves” — which when disrupted can cause Parkinson’s and diabetes.
- Autophagy is a fundamental process in cell physiology with major implications for human health and disease. The process is essential for the orderly degradation and recycling of damaged cell parts and its failure is believed to be responsible for ageing and cell damage.
Indian-origin teen wins Google Science Fair prize:
A 16-year-old Indian-origin South African teen Kiara Nirghin has won a $50,000 scholarship, the grand prize at the annual Google Science Fair for her work using orange peel to develop a cheaper “super-absorbent material” that helps soil retain water.
- Kiara Nirghin submitted her project titled ‘No More Thirsty Crops’ which was aimed at tackling the severe drought plaguing South Africa.
Current G.K. Complete Year 2016 Capsule
India’s Gaganjeet Bhullar wins Korea Open:
India’s Gaganjeet Bhullar ended a long trophy drought with a one-stroke victory at the Shinhan Donghae Open in South Korea for his sixth title on the Asian Tour.
- The 28-year-old carded a final round four-under-par 67 for a tournament total of 15-under 269 at the Bear’s Best Cheongna Golf Club in Incheon.
Daily GK Updates 4th October 2016, Current Affairs Questions Answers:
Check our Daily G.K, Updates Data and review yourself by appearing in online mock tests available at www.wifistudy.com. Thank you form visit our portal and connecting with us. Stay in touch with us to get more Daily GK Updates 4th October 2016, and furthermore Current Affairs October 2016, Today GK Questions Answers.