Daily GK Updates 5th October 2016: Candidates are preparing for various governments competitive examinations and if they want to prepare their General Knowledge subject. They can get latest updates by checking our post. We have updated todayDaily GK Updates 5th October 2016, Current Affairs October 2016, and Today GK Questions Answers with covering all latest topics and trends i.e. national & international affairs, trades/economics, award, books, sports fields. Today GK Questions Answers with covering all latest topics and trends i.e. national & international affairs, trades/economics, award, books, sports fields.
Daily GK Updates 5th October 2016, Today Current Affairs Questions Answers
India, Singapore sign three agreements:
India and Singapore have signed three agreements (MoUs) in the fields of skill development and IPR to boost bilateral relations between them. These agreements were signed in new Delhi during Singapore prime minister Lee Hsien Loong’s official state visit to India.
- Signed MoUs are- MoU in the field of Industrial Property Cooperation, MoU on collaboration in the field of Technical and Vocational Education and Training, MoU on collaboration in the field of Technical and Vocational Education and Training.
Current GK October Month 2016
Prasar Bharati CEO Jawhar Sircar resigns:
Prasar Bharti CEO Jawhar Sircar resigned. His term was to end in February next year. An UPA appointee and an expert of cullture, Sircar is also a writer who has a regular column in some newspapers.
- Sircar has served as secretary of the Ministry of Culture for over three years from 2008 to 2012 after which he was posted at Prasar Bharati.
RBI announces 4th Bi-monthly Policy Statement:
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) cut the short-term lending rate, or repo rate, by 25 basis points to 6.25 per cent from 6.50 per cent earlier. This was the first exercise by the monetary policy committee (MPC), chaired by Governor Urjit Patel.
- The central bank has maintained status quo on cash reserve ratio (CRR), which stands at 4 percent while statutory liquidity ratio (SLR) remained unchanged at 20.75 per cent.
- The marginal Standing Facility (MSF) rate, meanwhile, has been adjusted to 6.75 per cent from 7 per cent earlier.
IMF revises India’s growth to 7.6% for FY17 and FY18:
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) raised projections for India’s economic growth by 0.2 percentage points to 7.6 per cent for 2016-17 and 2017-18.
- It, however, retained global economic growth at 3.1 per cent for 2016 and 3.4 per cent for 2017.
Roopa ganguly nominated for rajya sabha:
Actress and BJP leader Roopa Ganguly has been nominated to fill the post in Rajya Sabha vacated by cricketer turned politician Navjot Singh Sidhu, who resigned earlier this year.
- She had portrayed the epic role of ‘Draupadi’ in TV Serial ;Mahabharata.’ She has became the state president of Mahila Morcha few months ago.
Yesudas to be brand ambassador of “Haritha Keralam” project:
CPI(M)-led LDF government has roped in eminent Carnatic vocalist and playback singer K J Yesudas as the brand ambassador of its ambitious ‘Haritha Keralam’ (Green Kerala) project.
- It is a massive initiative envisaged for a garbage-free and clean state. Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan informed the state Assembly that the veteran singer had given his consent to be associated with the project.
British trio win Nobel Prize in Physics:
The study of “strange states” of matter earned British scientists David Thouless, Duncan Haldane and Michael Kosterlitz the 2016 Nobel Prize for Physics.
- The trio, all based in the US working in the highly-specialised mathematics field of “topology”, studied unusual phases or states of matter.
- Thouless won half of the eight million Swedish kronor (around $931,000) prize, while Haldane and Kosterlitz share the other half.
France confers knighthood on elephant researcher:
Film-maker and elephant researcher Prajna Chowta has been appointed Chevalier de l’Ordre National du Mérite (Knight in the National Order of Merit), one of the highest civilian recognitions of the French government. The official ceremony is expected to be held later this year in Bengaluru.
- Ms. Chowta is the founder of Aane Mane Foundation, which has been researching and conserving wild Asian elephants.
Current G.K. Complete Year 2016 Capsule
Noted artist Yusuf Arakkal passes away:
Noted contemporary artist Yusuf Arakkal passed away on 4 October 2016 in Bengaluru, Karnataka. He was 71. He was born in Kerala in 1945 and got his Diploma from Karnataka Painting council.
Daily GK Updates 5th October 2016, Current Affairs Oct 2016
Thank you form visit our portal and connecting with us. Stay in touch with us to get more Daily GK Updates 5th October 2016, and furthermore Current Affairs October 2016, Today GK Questions Answers. Check our Daily G.K, Updates Data and review yourself by appearing in online mock tests available at www.wifistudy.com.