Daily GK Updates 6th October 2016, Today GK Quiz: Candidates are preparing for various governments competitive examinations and if they want to prepare their General Knowledge subject. They can get latest updates by checking our post. We have updated today Daily GK Updates 6th October 2016, Current Affairs Oct 2016, and Today GK Questions Answers with covering all latest topics and trends i.e. national & international affairs, trades/economics, award, books, sports fields. Check our Daily G.K, Updates Data and review yourself by appearing in online mock tests available at www.wifistudy.com.
Daily GK Updates 6th October 2016, Today Current Affairs Questions Answers
France becomes first country to ban plastic cups & Plates:
France has become the first country in the world to ban disposable plastic cups and plates.
- The country has passed a law in September 2016 that will go into effect in January 2020. The law will require all disposable tableware to be made from 50% biologically-sourced materials that can be composted at home. That number will rise to 60% by January of 2025.
- The measure is an addition to France’s Energy Transition for Green Growth Act, a wide-reaching law adopted in 2015 with the aim of mitigating the impact of climate change.
Current GK October Month 2016
World Teacher’s Day: 5 October:
The World Teachers’ Day (WTD) 2016 is being observed across the world on 5th October. The theme for the World Teachers’ Day 2016 is Valuing Teachers, Improving their Status.
GSAT-18 launched successfully on board Ariane-5 from Kourou:
India’s latest communication satellite GSAT-18 was successfully launched by a heavy duty rocket of Arianespace from the spaceport of Kourou in French Guiana.
- GSAT-18, built by the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), aims at providing telecommunications services for the country by strengthening ISRO’s current fleet of 14 operational telecommunication satellites.
Cabinet approves MoU between India & European Union on water Cooperation:
The Union Cabinet under the Chairmanship of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has given its approval for the signing of MoU between India and European Union in the field of water resources.
- The MoU envisages strengthening the technological, scientific and management capabilities of India and the European Union in the field of water management on the basis of equality, reciprocity and mutual benefit.
Nitin Gadkari launches Indian Bridge Management System:
Minister of Road Transport & Highways and Shipping Nitin Gadkari formally launched the Indian Bridge Management System (IBMS) in New Delhi. IBMS is being developed to create an inventory of all bridges in the country and rate their structural condition so that timely repair and rehabilitation work can be carried out based on the criticality of the structure.
Oil India Limited signs MoU with University of Houston:
Oil India Limited (OIL), an Upstream Oil & Gas PSU, with intent of augmenting its reserves base and maximising recovery from its aging oil fields, has entered into a Memorandum of Understanding with the University of Houston(USA), one of the leading universities on oil and gas of the world.
- The MoU was signed in presence of Sh. Dharmendra Pradhan, Minister of State (I/C), Petroleum & Natural Gas in New Delhi.
Sushil Chandra appointed CBDT Chairman:
The Government has appointed Indian Revenue Service officer Sushil Chandra as the next chairman of the Central Board of Direct Taxes.
- “The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved the appointment of Shri Sushil Chandra, IRS (IT: 1980),” said an official statement.
- He will take over from the current CBDT Chairperson Rani Singh Nair, who will retire on October 31. Chandra is currently posted as Member, CBDT.
Mohan Reddy appointed Hon. Consul of Germany:
Germany has appointed former Nasscom Chairman B V R Mohan Reddy as an Honourary Consul of that country in Hyderabad. Mohan Reddy will be the Consul for Germany in Telangana and Hyderabad.
- Mohan Reddy, who is also the Executive Chairman of Cyient Ltd, said that there was a need for collaboration between the two countries in science and technology and in vocational training.
Portugal’s Antonio Guterres set to be UN secretary general:
Former Portuguese Prime Minister Antonio Guterres is poised to be the next United Nations Secretary-General. It is expected to be formally recommended to the 193-member General Assembly for election by the Security Council, diplomats said.
- He will replace current Secretary General Ban Ki Moon, whose tenure is ending in early 2017.
Tiny Machines win chemistry Nobel Prize:
Chemists Jean-Pierre Sauvage of France, Scotland’s Sir J. Fraser Stoddart and Dutch Bernard L. Feringa won the Nobel Prize in Chemistry for their work on molecular machines. The winning paper was entitled “For the design and synthesis of molecular machines”.
Current G.K. Complete Year 2016 Capsule
Nayanjot Lahiri bags prize for book on Ashoka:
Professor Nayanjot Lahiri (History) at the Ashoka University has been awarded the 2016 John F. Richards Prize for her book Ashoka in Ancient India. The Richards Prize is awarded annually by the American Historical Association (AHA) to the best book in South Asian history.
Daily GK Updates 6th October 2016, Current Affairs Oct 2016
Thank you form visit our portal and connecting with us. Stay in touch with us to get more Daily GK Updates 6th October 2016, and furthermore Today GK Questions Answers, Current Affairs October 2016.