Daily GK Updates 7th October 2016, Today GK Questions Answers: Candidates are preparing for various governments competitive examinations and if they want to prepare their General Knowledge subject. They can get latest updates by checking our post. We have updated today Daily GK Updates 7th October 2016, Current Affairs October 2016, and Today GK Questions Answers with covering all latest topics and trends i.e. national & international affairs, trades/economics, award, books, sports fields. Today GK Questions Answers with covering all latest topics and trends i.e. national & international affairs, trades/economics, award, books, sports fields.
Daily GK Updates 7th October 2016, Today Current Affairs Questions Answers
Three agreements between India & Switzerland:
The Union Home Minister shri Rajnath Singh met the visiting minister for Justice and police of Swiss Confederation, Ms. Simonetta Sommaruga. On the occasion, the two sides signed three agreements including,
- Mutual Visa Exemption Agreement for Holders of Diplomatic Passports, Technical Arrangements on Identification and Return of Illegal Migrants and Arrangement for Dependent Person of Diplomatic, Consular, Technical and Administrative Staff of Diplomatic and Consular Mission to Perform Gainful Employment.
Current GK October Month 2016
Union Finance Ministry sets up public Debt Management Cell:
Union Finance Ministry has constituted a Public Debt Management Cell (PDMC). The cell was created to streamline government borrowings and better cash management with the overall objective of deepening bond markets.
- The Joint Secretary (Budget), Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance would be the overall in-charge of the ODMC.
Union Cabinet approves setting up of India’s first Medipark in Tamil Nadu:
The Union Cabinet approved setting up of a Medical Devices Manufacturing Park (Medipark) at Chengalpattu, Kanchipuram District, Tamil Nadu through a special purpose Vehicle.
- For this purpose, HLL Lifecare Ltd, a Mini Ratna PSU under Union Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, will sub-lease 330.10 acres of land at Chengalpattu. The shareholding of HLL in the project will be above 50 percent.
President inaugurated the 1st edition of the World Sustainable Development Summit:
The President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee inaugurated the first edition of the World Sustainable Development Summit on the theme ‘Beyond 2015: People, Planet and Progress’ organized by The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) in New Delhi.
- Speaking on the occasion, the President said that the threat of climate change is real and immediate. It concerns the whole world as its ill-effects are all-pervasive.
New Solar Powered Guard Van of Goods Train flagged off:
Minister of Railways Shri Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu inspected and flagged off the newly manufactured Guard Van of Goods (Freight) Train at Delhi Safdarjung Railway Station.
- The newly manufactured Guard Van of Goods Train (8 wheeled) has been equipped for the first time with Solar powered Light, Fan, Mobile Charging Point along with the facility of Zero discharge Bio Toilet.
EC collaborates with Facebook to register young voters:
In a first-of-its-kind initiative in the country, social networking site Facebook is partnering with the Election Commission of India in five states (Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Goa, Manipur and Uttarakhand) going to polls next year to run a voter registration drive aimed at encouraging youth to participate in the democratic exercise.
J&K Bank appoints Parvez Ahmed as Chairman & CEO:
Jammu and Kashmir Bank appointed Parvez Ahmed as Chairman and CEO of the bank. He has been appointed chairman for a period of three years, Jammu and Kashmir Bank said in a statement. He replaces Mushtaq Ahmad who completed his term on October 5.
IAF inducts renowned space scientist UR Rao in Hall of Fame:
The International Astronautical Federation’s renowned space scientist U.R. Rao has been inducted into its Hall of Fame for his contribution to development of India’s space technology.
- Rao, 84, is the Chairman of the space agency’s Physical Research Laboratory at Ahmedabad in Gujarat.
Shooter Jitu Rai bags silver at world cup in Italy:
Indian shooter Jitu Rai clinched a silver medal in the 50 meter pistol event of the ISSF World Cup Final at Bologna, Italy. Jitu, 29, shot a score of 188.8 to finish behind China’s Wei Pang at 190.6. Italy’s Giuseppe Giordano settled for the bronze.
Current G.K. Complete Year 2016 Capsule
Venkaiah Naidu releases book titled Modi’s Midas Touch in Foreign Policy:
- Venkaiah Naidu, Minister for Information and Broadcasting, released the book titled Modi’s Midas Touch in Foreign Policy. The book is authored by Ambassador Surendra Kumar.
Daily GK Updates 7th October 2016, Current Affairs October 2016
Check our Daily G.K, Updates Data and review yourself by appearing in online mock tests available at www.wifistudy.com. Thank you form visit our portal and connecting with us. Stay in touch with us to get more Daily GK Updates 7th October 2016, and further more Current Affairs Oct 2016, Today GK Questions Answers.