Daily GK Updates 8th October 2016: Candidates are preparing for various governments competitive examinations and if they want to prepare their General Knowledge subject. They can get latest updates by checking our post. We have updated today Daily GK Updates 8th October 2016, Current Affairs October 2016, and Today GK Questions Answers with covering all latest topics and trends i.e. national & international affairs, trades/economics, award, books, sports fields. Today GK Questions Answers with covering all latest topics and trends i.e. national & international affairs, trades/economics, award, books, sports fields. Check our Daily G.K, Updates Data and review yourself by appearing in online mock tests available at www.wifistudy.com.
Daily GK Updates 8th October 2016, Today Current Affairs Questions Answers:
US lifts economic sanctions on Myanmar:
The U.S. on 7 October 2016 lifted sanctions against Myanmar that have been in place for nearly two decades. The Treasury Department stated that the economic and financial sanctions administered by the Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control were no longer in effect.
- The Government of Myanmar was under economic sanctions by the US Treasury Department.
Current GK October Month 2016
Pakistan passes long-awaited anti-honour killing and anti-range legislation:
Pakistan Parliament in a joint sitting on 6 October 2016 unanimously passed two bills, one seeking to curb murders in the name of honour and the other to punish rapists by use of modern technology of DNA testing in probes involving rape cases.
- The two bills are titled as, Criminal law amendment (offences in the name or on the pretext of honour) bill, 2016 and Anti-rape (criminal laws amendment) bill, 2016.
84th Air Force Day observed across India:
The Air Force Day 2016 was on 8 October 2016 observed across India. This is the 84th celebration of the Day that began in 1932. The Air Force Day was officially celebrated for the first time on 8 October in the year 1932 as an auxiliary air force of Indian Empire.
IGIA’s T3 becomes first Platinum rated green airport terminal building in India:
Delhi International Airport Limited (DIAL) announced on 6 October 2016 that the Terminal 3 of Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA) achieved Platinum rating from Indian Green Building Council (IGBC).
- The plaque and certificate for the achievement was handed over by IGBC to Douglas Webster, COO-DIAL and Roy Sebastian, VP- Project and Engineering, during the 14th Green Building Congress, 2016 organized by IGBC in Mumbai.
Arjun Vajpai Scales Mt Cho Oyu:
Arjun Vajpai, a 23-year-old professional mountaineer from Noida, became the youngest in the world to scale the Mount Cho Oyu, the 6th highest mountain peak in the world at 8,188 metres above sea level.
- With this, he has become youngest to climb 5 peaks above 8000 metre.
Gautam lahiri elected PCI president:
Senior journalist Gautam Lahiri was elected president of the Press Club of India, while Vinay Kumar was elected its secretary general. The election was held on October 1.
- According to the results for the press club elections, Manoranjan Bharti was elected as vice-president; Jomy Thomas was elected the joint secretary of the PCI while Arun Kumar Joshi was elected treasurer.
Nobel Peace Prize for Colombia’s Juan Manuel Santos:
Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos won the 2016 Nobel Peace Prize for FARC agreement. 376 People were nominated this year for the prize.
- Santos has promised to revive the peace plan even though Colombians, in a referendum, narrowly rejected the accord. Many voters believed it was too lenient on the FARC guerrillas.
Kabaddi World Cup kicks off in Ahmedabad:
The 2016 Kabaddi World Cup kicked off in the presence of captains of the 12 competing nations, including hosts India.
- Besides the hosts, the US, England, Australia, Iran, Poland, Thailand, Bangladesh, South Korea, Japan, Argentina and Kenya will vie for the top honours.
Freedom fighter Ramesh Kulkarni passed away:
Freedom fighter and Congress leader Ramesh Kulkarni passed away here following a brief illness. He was 89. Kulkarni (87) is survived by a son and two daughters. He started taking part in the country’s freedom movement since his school days.
Current G.K. Complete Year 2016 Capsule
Manipur theatre legend Kanhailal passed away:
Manipur-based theatre legend Heisnam Kanhailal passed away on 6 October 2016 following a brief illness in Imphal. He was 75.
- He was awarded Padma Bhushan in 2016 for his contribution in theatre and Sangeeta Natak Academy award in 1985.
Daily GK Updates 8th October 2016, Current Affairs Quiz
Thank you form visit our portal and connecting with us. Stay in touch with us to get more Daily GK Updates 8th October 2016, and furthermore Current Affairs October 2016, Today GK Questions Answers.